The Gloss Goss For Summer!!!

Hi Everyone!It's Tali from the long gone The Gloss Goss blog.As promised every season I would pop up somewhere with a guest post.This summer it's here at Blushingloves!! :) I just came back from holidaying in Croatia & Greece and I have plenty of summer favourites t oshare with you.Before I get started I just wanted to say that it was my first ever trip to Greece (Mykonos) and I don't think I have ever had such a good holiday in my life!

This was the view from our bedroom!!AMAZING scenery,unbelievable food,lovely people..just heaven.Really can't wait to go back.If you have never been ..you really must go!

Fashion
This was the year of the dress for me.No denim minis,no shorts..it was all about the dresses! I love River Island for affordable,colourful,flattering dresses.For me I like to wear them to beach as well as around town at day/night, so its important they aren't too expensive as salt water/sand can destroy clothes. I don't want to invest too much money in something that may get ruined!
The dresses are all around the £20 mark and can often be found at 1/2 that on sale. They have so many to chose from (I always find more choice online) and they don't fade or change shape when you wash them. Other great places to find fun dresses are Miss Selfridges and Asos. For me online shopping is always the best option. Fast shipping, free returns and the clothes come sealed straight from the warehouse, so no one has tried them on before you.

Body Products
Hawaiian Tropic sun care was the brand of choice this year. I had never used the brand before but I think from now on it will be my go to brand. Great smelling products that do the job well. I have a tendency (despite olive Balkan complexion) to burn like a lobster so I normally use factor 30 with factor 50 on face and sensitive areas. After a few weeks I stick to factor 30 but may use a dry oil with a lower factor on top. What I like about Hawaiian tropic is that the bottles never leak and the product is very easy to blend in. Not at all sticky or white. It also protects quite well when you are in the water. Normally I burn the second I get out of the water and there is a mad dash to re-apply sun lotion.. but not this year!
I also purchased the Elisabeth Arden 8 hour stick in factor 50 for my lips, ears, nose and other sensitive areas. Great little product that doesn't melt!! 10/10!!

The 'Graisse a Traire' products by Corrine de Farme I picked up in Mykonos. I used to use them when I was younger but always had to buy them in France. They are essentially a take on the Tahitian Monoi de Tahiti. They aren't pure products (reading the ingredients will tell you that there is more than just the traditional tiare infused coconut oil in there) but they are pretty darn amazing at leaving your skin hydrated and baby soft. Apply before bed and you will not believe how amazing your skin will look and feel in the morning! Monoi de Tahiti is by far my favourite smell for body products (and I'm always trying to find a perfume of it) so I stocked up on these.

Make up
Korres Hauling- I went to Mykonos with Sammie and the first thing we did was locate a Pharmacy that sold Korres. I'll be honest, one of the reasons we chose Greece as a holiday destination was because we ran out of our Korres foundation. For some reason Korres has disappeared in many London shops. :( Luckily in Mykonos we found everything we wanted!
I must say the packaging is far better in Greece to what we used to get in the UK and call me crazy.. but the products seem better! The consistency of the lip butters and the bronzer is better. Maybe its the heat? I don't know, all I know is I'm very happy with my stuff! I love the Korres Monoi bronzer, ginger & vitamins foundation, rose foundation and lip butter stick. Along with those things Sammie also bought an amazing perfume so she recommends taking a sniff if you ever come across the Korres scents.

Summer Favourites-It was far too hot to fuss around with foundation, eyeshadow and sticky lip products this year. 39 degrees in Croatia made me feel like lip balm and a bit of shine controlling powder (Rimmel translucent) was all I could handle. I'll be honest, most days I applied sun lotion, lip balm and that was it!
In Mykonos it was still hot at around 32 degrees but there was a breeze so I could just about apply mascara and some blush too. LOVE the new Maybelline cream blushes in the Peach and Plum shades.
A closer look at Maybelline's new cream blushes for you. Very soft and delicate looking and dewy without looking greasy! They blend into cheeks like a dream without any streaking. I don't know if there are other shades available but in the UK these 4 were all I could find.

Summer Perfume
L'Eau d'Issey Eau d'Ete is my scent this summer. It's fresh and aquatic with a juicy twist. The notes are water (salt water), pear, rose, carnation and some minor woody notes. To me I smell the salty water the most which I love. Very interesting and unusual compared to most other standard perfumes.
It's unfortunately limited edition and sold out everywhere in store (at least in London) but can be found in huge quantities in all duty free shops. I bought 3 back-ups I love it so much. I feel like this could be my signature fragrance!!

Well that's all from me.. I hope you enjoy and I'll see you somewhere in Autumn!
xxTali

Comments

  1. OMG Tali!!! You have to come back! Absolutely miss your blog, can't believe you went away.

    Irene - good job hun convincing Tali to blog here, now convince her to completely come back and resurrect her blog.

    Lilit
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I'm all for joining forces to convince her :) reading this post is like a taste of the old days xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree with Lilit! Your blog was just too amazing and you have all these people anxiously waiting for you to come back! :) I cannot wait to visit Mykonos and well the entire Greece one day! I drool over the photos of gorgeous islands and the scenery on regular basis, I will have to make my way out there sometime soon! Love all your picks Tali, now I want to get my hands on some Korres products :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tali you look amazing in that dress!!! We all miss your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. omg ego thelo afta ta iperoxa foremata!!!


    xoxo

    www.lady-pa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. awesome post!i love the view from that room!

    shel xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ax ti teleio post k ti wraia proionta! thelw na ta dokimasw ola! k episis fantastika foremata !! <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. amazing post!!! every post from Tali is incredible, the fashion mixed with make up and travel, just makes you want to read non stop all day! missed you loads

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi ladies.. i miss you guys too! Glad you like the post!! :)) xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. So lovely to read a post from you Tali! And since I didn't know this blog, it's a nice discovery as well, so thanks twice ;-)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful post!
    And this pictures are so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great guest post Tali and Irene! Looks like she has a great time in Mykonos (of course!) and I totally agree that Hawaiian Tropic products are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great post!!! It's so good to read a new post from you Tali!! Mykonos looks absolutely gorgeous!! Hope you're having a great summer!!!

    Sarah xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great post!! I'm absolutely loving the dresses, and your favorites were very nice, too! I'm definitely going to try to locate some of these! Thank you so much for posting, your blog is terribly missed! =)

    Andrée xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I miss reading your blog posts Tali! Your recommendations are, as always, right on the money. You have a way of finding the items that the rest of us want! I miss you! xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fantastic post tali. Korres is available in House of Fraser in UK not too sure if you have one of those in london but i was in the metro centre store recently and they have loads of korres products there.

    Missing the gloss goss!

    Laura xoxo
    www.whatlauralovesuk.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Been looking forward to your seasonal guest post, Tali! It's great to hear from you again!
    The scene from your window in Greece is absolutely amazing. I must take a vacation there ASAP.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Loved reading this post - I've heard really good things about the Elizabeth Arden sunstick - but for some reason, I've always been under the impression that Hawaiian Tropics products are very toxic/chemically (more so than other drugstore products if that makes sense).

    Those Monoi products look so cute and must smell so wonderful - I wish they'd sell them here!

    What yellow toenail polish are you wearing - is it Chanel's Mimosa? Looks lovely with a tan.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I awarded you a blog award!
    Check it out here: http://beingyourownbeauty.blogspot.com/2011/07/best-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love this post.The view from your room is amazing.I also miss reading the gloss goss.
    Love and hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  21. I enjoyed it so much :o)!
    Hug :)!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thank you Tali for this lovely post! And big thanks to Irene for hosting it, I've enjoyed it so much!!!

    Hugs and kisses girls xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful post - it created such a sunny atmosphere in my living room :-) I use Hawaiian Tropic for years any time I'm in the US - the lip balm with SPF smells great, too!
    Thanks, Tali, for sharing this xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Tali has such a great style!
    She is gorgeous!
    Thank you Irenee! :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thank you for the tall person inspiration ;) Loved the post. See you soon xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow, stunning pics!! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Sorry for late reply to you all I was in Croatia (family drama!)

    Ella- Its from American Apparel and its a terrible varnish! It is so horrible and thick like paint and it was all streaky. I hear Barry M has a good fluro yellow but i can never find it!!!!!

    Sam- isnt it delicious?!?! Unfortunately the color is a summer only lipgloss for me!

    Oh god I want to go back to Mykonos!! Hope all you ladies are doing well xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Tali you need to come back!
    We miss you like crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I can't believe you were here Tali! You look amazing in those dresses and I envy your tan (I'm so pale!). I'm glad you chose the lovely Irene for hosting your post and I would be delighted if you'd make a guest post in my blog sometime! xxx

    http://stripesandscarlets.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. I miss Tally, very much. I was on of her first subscribers.. If you still keep connection with her, tell her that a lot of people feel sorry, she is not a blogger anymore. Youtube change a lot since she start to making a videos. I think she will be a very successful now, in this format of blogging|vlogging. I hope she will back on youtube some day.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your time!

Popular Posts